Superior Plus COVID 19 Update
Superior Plus (“Superior”) has been proactive and prudent in our planning, response and actions related for the global pandemic COVID-19. We are monitoring the emergence of cases in Canada and the United States and Chile, the communications and recommendations from the relevant health authorities in Canada and the United States and are implementing updated protocols, policies and resources to support efforts to minimize exposure to COVID-19. We will continue to adjust our approach as the situation evolves and actively participate with the series of measures and restrictions being announced and implemented by public health and government authorities.
At Superior and all of our businesses, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority.
Our Planning/Response Priorities are:
1. Health and Safety of Workforce
2. Continuity of our Operations
3. Frequent Communications and Transparency
Health and Safety
To ensure the health and safety of all our workforce, we have implemented the following restrictions and guidelines (aligning with health authorities and government recommendations):
- Banning of all non-essential business travel (including travel between Superior and its business offices and worksites).
- Encouraging those individuals with the ability to work remotely to do so where possible.
- Requiring all internal meetings to be held via teleconference, video conference or other technology.
- Encouraging employees to avoid face to face meetings with customers, suppliers or any other business relationships and requiring the use of technology for virtual meetings instead.
- Promoting and regularly communicating heightened awareness and vigilance; social distancing and hygiene and implementing more stringent cleaning protocols.
- Implementing the following travel and self-isolation requirements:
- An individual that has travelled outside their country of residence will be required to self-isolate for 14 days; and
- Individuals that are experiencing any symptoms of illness (particularly those common to COVID-19, including coughing, respiratory distress or fever), or have a household member experiencing these symptoms, have been asked to not come to work and/or our facilities and any that do may be denied access.
Continuity of Operations
- We plan to continue to operate as usual, where possible, which includes continuing to provide the high level of service and reliability of products and supply our customers expect.
- Our Business Continuity Plans for our operations and critical corporate functions have been enacted and implemented.
- Our IT Department has worked diligently to ensure our network capabilities, technology resources and virtual capacity are sustainable for remote work.
Frequent Communications and Transparency
We are constantly providing all our employees with frequent and timely updates on COVID-19 and any new information is incorporated into our continuity plan.
In conclusion, we have taken the necessary steps to ensure we continue to meet the needs of our customers and other stakeholders and look forward to continuing to do so with the same commitment as we have always had.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will provide updates as appropriate.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Superior contact.